Dear Church Family,
Terri and I were married in 1975. That’s a long time ago, do the math. We were mere college “kids.” So, I have a question for all you married couples, whether you have been married for decades or for just a few years. As a bride and groom were you ever more married than when you were married on your wedding day? I mean the vows were made and the wedding certificate signed – could you be any more married than that? Fast forward to the present. For some of you that’s a long time, like Terri and I. You finish each other’s sentences? You think more alike than ever before (that’s a miracle)? Arguments, especially over trivial things, have lessened considerably (thank God). You are more comfortable with each other and you can’t imagine living without the other. You see, marriage is BOTH a done deal and a daily development.
The same is true of our walk with God. Can you be more saved than you were the first day of your salvation? No, but can a person grow in salvation? Absolutely! Like marriage, it’s a done deal and a daily development.
That will be our focus over the next few weeks as we transition from looking at our union with Christ in His death and the subsequent deliverance from the 5 “king-enemies” (do you remember what they are?) to unpacking our union with Christ in His RESURRECTION which is the key to HOLINESS.
- Office Hours: Just a reminder that our office hours have expanded. The hours will be:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-1pm. Calls will no longer be forwarded to Judy’s cell phone number. You can call the church office and leave a message or you can also reach me at 703-405-7881 (cell). Or via email: email@example.com
- We just finished the 3rd week of VBS. To say it is going well is an understatement. We have been able to distribute 50-60 VBS bags through our “drive thru VBS. I noticed this past Sunday as I welcomed families who turned into our parking lot that many were not affiliated with our church. So, we are reaching our community families in spite of the limitations we are dealing with. Remember you can pre-register on the church website at: http://bgbcva.org
For more information and to sign up as a volunteer please contact Sabrina Farris at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And make sure you reach out and invite someone who may not know about our VBS.
- Remember in prayer:
- Margaret Mills and the loss of her nephew, Travis.
- Betty and Macwayne Williams and the entire Williams family in the loss of Michael Williams.
- Members of our church family recovering from the virus, surgeries and other illnesses.
- All our frontline workers, in and out of our church, who work hard each day serving and protecting us during this pandemic.
- The churches “Homecoming” event scheduled for Sunday, September 27 has been CANCELLED due to the ongoing challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The church picnic at Pitts Pond is still scheduled for Sunday, August 16. However, church leadership is evaluating whether we should continue with this event. So, stay tuned an announcement is coming soon.
We are now into our second month of RE-GATHERING. Last week we were up to 45 in our CWS but down a little in our TWS. Our Commonwealth has introduced “Phase 3” of our recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. This means there is no limitation on the number of attendees. However, social distancing and masks are still needed. Consequently, we have expanded our seating for our CWS at 9:30am to 50-60 in order to maintain the social distancing protocols. There is plenty of room still available in our 11am TWS.
There is still no children’s church, nursery or Sunday School.
Please know that I miss all of you. Please stay safe and keep the faith.
I love you all,