Inclement Weather Plan for 2017-2018
It’s that time of the year where it is necessary to review the inclement weather plan in order to communicate clearly the plan for Sunday services and other weekly ministry programs and events. This not only helps to ensure the safety of our members and visitors but also to clarify when the church will be open and when it will be necessary to close. The following guidelines are provided:
1. BGBC will follow the Caroline County Schools protocols for closings and delays from Monday-Friday. For example, if CCPS closes their schools, BGBC will close the office and all ministry programs and events will be cancelled. If CCPS announces a delay in opening but does not cancel any after school activities, BGBC will delay opening the office and continue with ministry programs and events. (Please note that even with school closings the church office may open, weather permitting, so please call).
2. In the event of inclement weather during the weekend, every attempt will be made to continue with Sunday worship services. However, if the weather is severe enough to create hazardous road conditions and thereby rendering travel on the roads risky, the church will either cancel worship services or delay them.
3. Announcements on closings or delays will be made with the following media outlet:
Richmond station WTVR-TV Channel 6
4. Every attempt will be made to post information on the church website and Facebook page: http://bgbcva.org, and the office phone: 804-633-6803.
5. Additionally, an email will be sent out to those listed in our “Realm” data base.
6. This notice will be posted on the church website, the bulletin board outside the church office and copies will be available throughout December in the church. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office.