Dear Church Family,
This past Sunday we broached the subject of “Spiritual Gifts” or as the Apostle Paul calls them in our scripture passage last week, “Gifts of Grace.” Just to recap we learned a few things;
- What is a spiritual gift? (and what it is not)
- Does every believer have a spiritual gift? (the answer is yes)
- When are the gifts given? (at our spiritual birth)
This week we’ll dive a little deeper into our Romans passage and answer the question: Why are the spiritual gifts given?
Church Family News
Prayer Ministry. Daniele Cushing has been burdened to help our church grow in intercessory prayer. Here are the opportunities to gather for prayer:
- Sunday mornings at 9am in the Philathea room with Pastor Frank. We will be praying for our morning worship services as well as for our church. If you cannot join us, you can call in using the number and code below.
- Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm via phone. The phone number is:
712-432-8399 and the access code is: 279785#
Trunk or Treat. Last year’s “Trunk or Treat” event was spectacular. With about 16 “trunks” and dozens of volunteers, we touched and ministered to hundreds of BG and Caroline residents. Like many other things this year, our event will look very different. However, we still have an opportunity to reach our community, just like last year, albeit in a smaller and safer way. With that in mind we have scheduled our Trunk or Treat event for Saturday, October 31st (time TBD). Consequently, we need donations and I mean lots of donations of candy. Since we will be distributing the candy in small bags and not from common buckets, you are encouraged to bring your donations already stuffed in a small zip-lock type of bag. But if you don’t have time for that, just bring the bags of candy and our team of volunteers will bag it.
Business Meeting. Our quarterly business meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 25th. It will begin at approximately 10:15am right after the CWS ends and it will be in the FMC. We will adjourn asap before 11am so we can begin the 11am TWS. Due to Covid-19 protocols we will not be publishing copies of reports and motions for distribution. Consequently, we will be sharing information electronically. The exception will be the ballots for the following motions:
- A vote on the Deacon Candidates. Ballots will be available with the names of all the nominees and three selections can be made. The list of nominees will be sent via REALM asap.
- A vote on the 2021 budget. This will also be done by ballot. The proposed budget will be sent via REALM within the next few days.
- A vote on the Nominating Committee. This will also be done by ballot. A list of the church officers nominated for 2021 will be sent via REALM asap.
Note: Voting by ballot will be extended through Friday, October 30th in order to accommodate people’s schedules and individual concerns of gathering at church for a business meeting. People may vote while the church office is open, both during office hours and when Pastor Frank is in the office after office hours.
- Remember in prayer:
- Jamie Schumann’s mother who is facing several serious medical issues.
- Members of our church family facing surgeries and other life issues.
- All our frontline workers, in and out of our church, who work hard each day serving and protecting us during this pandemic.
I love you all,