Dear Church Family,
What a blessing it was to join together with many in our church family around the Lord’s table yesterday. It was however, somewhat bittersweet as others in our congregation could not be there due to the Covid-19 issue. You were missed.
We paused in our sermon series to hear a communion message yesterday. This Sunday we pick up again with our series; Christ in You, The Hope of Glory.” For the next several weeks we’ll focus on Spiritual Gifts. Reigning with Christ means we are commissioned (anointed) for service. Along with that commissioning comes an equipping. This is where the concept of spiritual gifts comes in. God would not call us, anoint us, and send us without equipping us for service. Spiritual gifting is His way of doing that. That means there are three basic truths about spiritual gifts we need to understand.
- A spiritual gift is like a part of the body because every part belongs and has a reason for being in the body.
- A spiritual gift is also like a part of the body because every part needs the other parts.
- A spiritual gift is like a part of the body because it does something for the body.
So, over the next few weeks we’ll join in together in unwrapping our spiritual gifts.
Church Family News
Prayer Ministry. Daniele Cushing has been burdened to help our church grow in intercessory prayer. Here are the opportunities to gather for prayer:
- Sunday mornings at 9am in the Philathea room with Pastor Frank. We will be praying for our morning worship services as well as for our church. If you cannot join us, you can call in using the number and code below.
- Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm via phone. The phone number is:
712-432-8399 and the access code is: 279785#
Trunk or Treat. Last year’s “Trunk or Treat” event was spectacular. With about 16 “trunks” and dozens of volunteers, we touched and ministered to hundreds of BG and Caroline residents. Like many other things this year, our event will look very different. However, we still have an opportunity to reach our community, just like last year, albeit in a smaller and safer way. With that in mind we have scheduled our Trunk or Treat event for Saturday, October 31st (time TBD). Consequently, we need donations and I mean lots of donations of candy. Since we will be distributing the candy in small bags and not from common buckets, you are encouraged to bring your donations already stuffed in a small zip-lock type of bag. But if you don’t have time for that, just bring the bags of candy and our team of volunteers will bag it.
- Remember in prayer:
- Lisa Shields who had a death in her family.
- Members of our church family facing surgeries and other life issues.
- All our frontline workers, in and out of our church, who work hard each day serving and protecting us during this pandemic.
I love you all,