Dear Church Family,
This past Sunday I was surprised with a gift marking Clergy Appreciation Month. I am truly thankful and humbled by this monetary gift. I know that in most congregations there is usually a significant majority that truly appreciate their pastor. But I also know that there is always some who don’t feel that way, for a variety of reasons. As the saying goes, “you can’t please everyone.” And so for those who I have offended or disappointed or even angered I am truly sorry. And believe me if you were to say to me personally that this is how you feel you would receive a personal and direct apology faster than a New York minute! And more than that I would endeavor to live as it says in Romans 12:18; “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.”
I also want to take this opportunity to acknowledge that I am not the only “clergy” person serving this church. In fact, you, the congregation of this church, voted to affirm the ordination of Pastor Joseph Pack and Pastor Doug Farris. I view us as a TEAM. And to put it quite simply, as I said Sunday, I only intend to continue to serve this church as part of this team. Now I don’t expect you contribute anything more for Doug and Joseph, but rest assured the monetary gift I have received will be used to also show appreciation to Doug and Joseph.
Finally, another thing I said Sunday was that there should be a “congregation appreciation Sunday,” for without a congregation there is no need for the clergy. So, please know I deeply appreciate all of you, for God uses all of you, in one way or the other, to help me become a better Christian and Pastor.
Church Family News
Prayer Ministry. Daniele Cushing has been burdened to help our church grow in intercessory prayer. Here are the opportunities to gather for prayer:
- Sunday mornings at 9am in the Philathea room with Pastor Frank. We will be praying for our morning worship services as well as for our church. If you cannot join us, you can call in using the number and code below.
- Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm via phone. The phone number is:
712-432-8399 and the access code is: 279785#
Trunk or Treat. Last year’s “Trunk or Treat” event was spectacular. With about 16 “trunks” and dozens of volunteers, we touched and ministered to hundreds of BG and Caroline residents. Like many other things this year, our event will look very different. However, we still have an opportunity to reach our community, just like last year, albeit in a smaller and safer way. With that in mind we have scheduled our Trunk or Treat event for Saturday, October 31st, 6-8pm. Consequently, we need donations and I mean lots of donations of candy. Since we will be distributing the candy in small bags and not from common buckets, you are encouraged to bring your donations already stuffed in a small zip-lock type of bag. But if you don’t have time for that, just bring the bags of candy and our team of volunteers will bag it.
Business Meeting. Our quarterly business meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 25th. It will begin at approximately 10:15am right after the CWS ends and it will be in the FMC. We will adjourn asap before 11am so we can begin the 11am TWS. Due to Covid-19 protocols we will not be publishing copies of reports and motions for distribution. Consequently, we will be sharing information electronically. The exception will be the ballots for the following motions:
- A vote on the Deacon Candidates. Ballots will be available with the names of all the nominees and three selections can be made. The list of nominees will be sent via REALM asap.
- A vote on the 2021 budget. This will also be done by ballot. The proposed budget will be sent via REALM within the next few days.
- A vote on the Nominating Committee. This will also be done by ballot. A list of the church officers nominated for 2021 will be sent via REALM asap.
Note: Voting by ballot will be extended through Friday, October 30th in order to accommodate people’s schedules and individual concerns of gathering at church for a business meeting. People may vote while the church office is open, both during office hours and when Pastor Frank is in the office after office hours.
Remember in prayer:
- Jamie Schumann’s mother who is facing several serious medical issues.
- Members of our church family facing surgeries and other life issues.
- All our frontline workers, in and out of our church, who work hard each day serving and protecting us during this pandemic.
I love you all,